Drums Of Mordor Drums Of Mordor

Easy sounding and yet a strong and powerful track. I like it.
Some transitions could be a bit better (1:10).
Great use and mix of electronic elements :)
Keep up the good work.

Ghost (Instrumental) Ghost (Instrumental)

Hey there,

it was a very interesting experience to listen to this! I can feel and understand your buildup and the progression of the song.

Here a few (technical) points I noticed:
0.46 This heavily distorted sound, which sounds like an e-guitar, always seems to play with the same velocity/dynamics. You can try to add a few variations here or glide/slide to emphasize notes etc.
Automation of parameters is your friend. Just a little tip for the future.
0.50 The sound is cracking on the left channel.
1:40 The drums which are kicking in at around 1:40 are very quiet. You could compress them to raise their volume, and have a look on "sidechain" compression/limiting/gaining. This will help to achive a much cleaner mix and makes the drums more punchy.
2:40 This is my favourite part
3:00 Breakdowns like this are sweet!

Overall, the sounds keeps getting crackling when it becomes too loud. Quality goes over loudness! You may also play more with stereo imaging. A lot of sounds, which may be better in another place, are centered together and 'mash up'.

To sum up: play more with dynamics, stereo and mixing.
You're on a good way! Keep up the work!

MysteriousPresence responds:

Hey thank you so much for this detailed review ! <3
I'll try to respect your advices as much as I can for my next tracks !
Compressing the drums is interesting, I never thought about that !
In fact, I'm afraid I can't do so much with crackling, this is the result of the conversion of my m4a files to mp3 (I compose with GarageBand).
Thank you too for the dynamics advice, it's true that I don't often use it ! ^^
In fact, my last track (Hit This Shit) is, I think, really good talking about the mixing and stereoing, maybe you should try it ! :3
Thank you so much again ! =)

Lost Time - Reminiscence Lost Time - Reminiscence

Smooth, calm, relaxing and definitely not boring. Great track!

DanJohansen responds: